WordPress Developer: Job Requirements
The Front-End Developer will be responsible for iterating on existing implementations to refine and optimize the product and work with the support team to see completed functionality through successful execution and implementation.
A successful Front-end Developer at Southern Web demonstrates strong skills with an emphasis on creativity and flexibility. They possess a strong understanding of how WordPress operates in general (ie. how plugins, themes, core, and the database all work together) and have strong WooCommerce competency.
- Maintains knowledge of HTML/CSS/SCSS/PHP/JS/jQuery with a strong focus on maintainability, cross-browser/cross-device compatibility and performance
- Exhibits an understanding of current trends and advancements on the web, with a solid understanding of Responsive Web Design (RWD) and RWD workflows
- Well-versed in modern web standards and best practices, as evidenced by effective implementation of W3C standards-compliant code
- Possesses extensive knowledge of industry-standard development too
- Performance testing and optimization.
- Contributes to the ongoing efforts to develop and implement front-end web coding standards
- Participates in discussions with team members about technical best practices and helps identify optimal technical solutions
- Contributes to the on-going effort of plugin and theme updates for Southern Web’s clients.
- Participates in code walkthroughs, and testing with the support team
- Uses browser development tools (e.g., Chrome Dev Tools) to inspect site markup, scripts, and performance
- Tests code across various browsers and devices
- Documents development changes via git commits (version control)
- Works effectively within a deadline-driven process to complete web development related tasks
- Provides accurate time estimates on work
- Works independently and with a team to manage time across tasks in a team environment.
- Works with the support team to collaboratively translate client goals and objectives to attractive, user-friendly, functional websites
- Implements emerging front-end technologies
- Successfully uses gulp as the preferred task runner.
- Understands and incorporates SaSS/CSS advances
- Understands and incorporates next-level JS (ES6)
How to Apply
If you’d like to apply for this position, please submit a one-page pdf letter to the form below describing your relevant work experience, interesting projects you’ve been involved in (including your specific role in those projects), and one WordPress bug or missing feature that you’d like to address, and how you might approach it.
If you have past project work you’re able to share or link to (git repos, codepen, site urls, etc.), those are very helpful in our evaluation process as well. If you’re unable to share past work, let us know and we can make other arrangements to review technical abilities.
We will let you know when your application has been received.
Southern Web does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other reason prohibited by law in provision of employment opportunities and benefits.